Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Valentine's Day Ideas

ro-mance -roh-mans–verb (used with object) 1. to court or woo romantically; treat with ardor or chivalrousness.

As you all know by now, I love Valentine's Day. So I thought I would share with you some very easy and inexpensive ideas to "romance" the love of your life on the sweetest of days.

A Valentine bought or even made is a Valentine worth sending.
Purchase or make your Valentine's day card in advance and mail it to Loveland, Colorado, for extra special treatment. Your card will be postmarked LOVEland, Colorado, and it will also be handstamped with a unique four-line poem.
The Loveland Chamber of Commerce organizes this yearly romance project with cards going to all fifty states and over 100 foreign countries annually.
It's simple. Just enclose your pre-addressed, prestamped Valentine's card in a larger envelope and mail to:

Postmaster, Attn: Valentine's, Loveland, CO 80537

Don't stop here! Even if you can't cook or just don't really have the time to, there are many edible ideas to make this Valentine's day sweet. (This is a Rated G Blog) LOL

Breakfast with Heart
Use a heart cookie cutter to cut out your bread for toast.
Even use a smaller heart cookie cutter to cut out little pats of butter in heart shapes. (The butter should be chilled but not hard to do this)
This time of year there are an abundance of heart shaped items available. You can find heart containers everywhere. Purchase one to put your jam or jelly into serve with toast.
Instead of regular juice glasses, use champagne flutes and tint your OJ with a bit of red food color. It won't be red but a pretty salmon color. (Don't use too much or it will taste funny)
Who doesn't love chocolate covered Strawberries? They are a favorite of mine! Use them for breakfast too.

Snack Time
My DH goes to work early in the morning and is always hungry way before lunch time. I love to fix him little snack packs to take with him when he leaves. Sometimes I just slip them into his bag and he is surprised when he opens it. He loves them .

For a special Valentine's day snack add all of these ingredients into a ziploc back and tie with a red ribbon.

Ingredients:

Mini Marshmallows
Milk Chocolate Morsels
( change it up if you like White Chocolate,Butterscotch etc...)
Walnuts or nut of choice
Cranberries
Red Hots or a favorite red candy that isn't sticky
Shake it up and tie with a ribbon. Write a love note and slip it into you love's bag for a sweet Valentine Snack.

You light up my life
Twinkle lights are not just for Christmas anymore! They can be used to form messages too.
Whether you use the message to propose or reaffirm your love, it will certainly make for a very beautiful and memorable evening.


Baby It's Cold Outside~Use it for Romance
In some places there is always snow in February. Take advantage of it. Take a squirt bottle add ice cold water and red food color or a pack of red kool-aid. Shake it up and get to work!

Spray out a message on your front or back lawn that says I love you or something sweet like that. Be creative!
These are just a few fun ideas to use. I hope you enjoy them.
They are great for guys and gals both.

Here's to Love and Romance

xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Oh I love the LOVEland idea. I think I'll do that for the hubby and kids! I always do a heart themed breakfast for everyone. And I put love notes in everyone's lunch box. It's Valentine's day fun?

    You might enjoy my article about doing it all for love.. check it out here:
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1370082/romantic_valentines_day_ideas_five.html?cat=41

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great ideas!!! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some very cute ideas! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. L♥VE VALENTINES DAY! I always send
    or give Valentines to friends and
    family. Your treats look wonderful
    yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got hungry looking at the chocolate covered strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love chocolate covered strawberries and now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the queen of the day...are you not ?? LOL
    Oh sweet one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A blog about cookies! Now, that is up my alley! Thanks for visiting me on my big, bloggy day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas! I love chocolate covered Strawberries! I am going to some this year: 2me, 4me, from me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What cute ideas!! I love chocolate covered strawberries! The little mix with the nuts and red hots will be fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What sweet ideas! Makes me hope we still have snow for V-day. Thanks for the lovely prompts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all of the great ideas. I am always looking for things that I can make for all of the holidays. It is very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are wonderful ideas. really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Another Grease Burned Bacon Fryer Comments