Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Whats for Dinner?

I love Summer time and all the good food that goes along with the season. Fresh vegetables from the garden, grilling, and fresh fruit desserts. My mouth waters just thinking about it. So from time to time I will be posting "What's for dinner", starting tonight.
A great light and healthy Summer time fare is what I choose for meals these days. Keeping it light and healthy during this hot season is my goal. Tonight we had grilled BBQ chicken breast "Stubb's Style" of course, grilled asparagus tossed in olive oil and sea salt, and a healthy squash casserole. Would you like my squash casserole recipe? Well here you go!

Healthy Squash Casserole

6 -7 crook neck squash
1/2 medium sweet onion-chopped
1/2 cup Olive Oil Mayonnaise
1 egg slightly beaten
1 cup Low fat Mozzarella
3 Tbs. I can't believe it's not butter spray
Pepper & Salt to taste
Wash and slice squash and place in a microwave safe dish with lid. Add a little water to the dish.Salt and pepper the squash generously. Microwave on high for 10 minutes or until tender.
In a large bowl, combine the chopped sweet onion, mayonnaise,egg,mozzarella,and butter spray. Blend well. Drain and add the squash and mix gently.
Using the same casserole dish, spray with non stick spray and add the squash mixture.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Turn on broiler and place under broiler until lightly browned on top.
***You can add a cracker crumb topping if you like. It just keeps it a little healthier without it.***

So tell me, What's for dinner at your house?

6 comments:

  1. Your dinner looks great! Dinner tonight - Vietnamese pork noodle bowls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of squash do you use? I don't know what crook neck squash is. Summer/yellow squash?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... I'm totally craving asparagus now. It's one of my favorite veggies. Maybe hubs will grill some BBQ chicken and I'll whip up some squash casserole (gluten-free? could it be?!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dinner looks yummy! I'll be jotting down that recipe and trying to bribe my family to give it a go.
    Popping in from SITS to say Good Morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! Left you an award over on mine.

    ReplyDelete

Another Grease Burned Bacon Fryer Comments